Complete Guide to Visiting the Eiffel Tower in Paris
Paris is one of the most romantic and iconic cities in the world, and there's no better way to explore it than by visiting the iconic Eiffel Tower. Indian Tours has put together an exhaustive guide on how to visit the tower, covering everything from where to stay to what transportation to use. Whether you're a first-time visitor or have been to Paris before, this guide is sure to help you make the most of your trip.
What to Know Before Visiting the Eiffel Tower
The Eiffel Tower is a must-see for anyone visiting Paris. Not only is it one of the most recognizable landmarks in the city, but its history and architecture are also worth exploring. The tower has become an internationally recognized symbol of France and is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world. Here are five things to know before visiting the tower:
1. The Eiffel Tower was originally built as the entrance to the 1889 World’s Fair in Paris. The tower was designed by Gustave Eiffel, who also created the Statue of Liberty. Construction on the Eiffel Tower began in 1887 and it was completed in 1889.
2. The tower is 324 feet high, has a total of 6,500 pieces of metalwork and cost over $23 million to build in 1886.
3. The tower can be climbed by elevator or by stairs. The elevator takes about 20 minutes to climb to the top, while the stairs take about an hour and a half.
4. The observation deck at the top of the tower offers stunning views of Paris and is open from sunrise to sunset. Admission costs $14 for adults, $11 for seniors 65 years or older, and free for children under age 11.
5. If you can’t visit the tower in person, be sure to check out some of the amazing photos and Videos
What are the Eiffel Tower Opening Hours?
The Eiffel Tower timings are as follows:
By Lift: 9 AM to 11:45 PM
By Stairs: 9 AM to 11:45 PM
The Ticket office closes at midnight. The Tower closes down at 12:45 AM.
Closure: The Tower will be closed on 14 July.
What's the Best time to Visit Eiffel Tower?
There's no one answer to this question - it depends on your schedule and what you're looking to do while you're in Paris. But if you're looking for a general guide to the best times to visit Eiffel Tower, here are three tips:
1. Visit during the day - during the morning or early afternoon when the tower is at its most crowded, or during the late afternoon or evening when it's less busy.
2. Try visiting on different days of the week - Mondays are usually quieter than Fridays, for example, and weekends are usually more crowded than weekdays.
3. Plan your trip around events or special exhibitions - during big holidays like Bastille Day or French National Day, for example, there will be more people in the area and traffic will be heavier.
How to get there
In order to visit the Eiffel Tower in Paris, you will need to first get to the city. The best way to do this is by taking a bus or train from your home town. Once you're in Paris, the easiest way to find the tower is to head towards the Champ de Mars, which is situated on a hill overlooking the city.
Once you make it up to the top of the Champ de Mars, look for the Eiffel Tower. It's not hard to spot - just keep an eye out for the bright blue metal structure rising above all of the other buildings. The best way to get inside is by buying tickets in advance online. This is especially important if you want to avoid long lines and crowds.
No matter how you choose to visit the Eiffel Tower, be sure to enjoy your experience!
Tips for photographing the Eiffel Tower:
1. Get there early in the morning to get good light.
2. Bring a tripod if you want to take long-term photos or shoot video.
3. Make sure you have a great camera and lens that can capture clear images, especially in strong sunlight.
4. Bring along snacks and drinks, as well as your own chair, to avoid getting too hot or too cold while enjoying your view from atop the tower.
5. Dress appropriately for the weather - be sure to wear sunscreen and sunglasses if it's sunny out.
Where to eat near the Eiffel Tower
One of the most popular tourist destinations in Paris is the Eiffel Tower. But if you want to eat near the tower, you'll need to know where to go. Here are 3 of the best restaurants within walking distance of the tower:
1) Le Petit Cambodge - This Cambodian restaurant is known for its delicious Khmer cuisine. They have a small menu but it's all worth trying out, especially their signature dish - Cambodian-style fish cakes.
2) L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon - This renowned French chef has a restaurant located just steps away from the Eiffel Tower. The restaurant has an extensive wine list and offers a variety of French classics like roast chicken and rack of lamb.
3) Brasserie L'Ami Jean - This brasserie is known for serving classic Parisian dishes such as croquemons and galettes. They also have a wide range of Belgian beers on offer, perfect if you're looking for a refreshing drink after eating some delicious food.
What to do after visiting the Eiffel Tower
If you're visiting Paris, there's no way you can miss out on the iconic Eiffel Tower. But after admiring this landmark for a while, what else is there to do in the city? This complete guide will help you explore all the best things to do in Paris after visiting the Eiffel Tower.
From shopping at the luxury boutiques of Rue Montorgueil to experiencing some of the city's most popular attractions like Notre Dame Cathedral and The Louvre Museum, this complete guide has got everything you need to enjoy your time in Paris after touring the Eiffel Tower. So be sure to check it out now!
Tips for Staying Safe When Visiting the Eiffel Tower
Staying safe when visiting the Eiffel Tower is vital. Here are a few tips to help make your visit as safe and enjoyable as possible:
-Always use caution when walking up or down the stairs, as there have been reports of people getting injured if they fall.
-Be aware of your surroundings at all times and keep an eye out for potential dangers. Do not try to take photos or videos without first checking with an attendant.
-If you find yourself feeling dizzy or lightheaded, stop moving and seek medical help. The Eiffel Tower can be a very dizzying place!
What an iconic sight the Eiffel Tower is! If you're ever in Paris, be sure to make time for a visit. In this guide, I'll outline everything you need to know about visiting the Eiffel Tower, including tips on how to get there and what to wear. Whether you're traveling with friends or family or alone, I hope this guide makes planning your trip a little easier!