10 Best Places to Visit in Himachal- Explore the Magic of The Himalayas
Himachal is a paradise that is full of mesmerizing destinations. A lifetime is not enough to squeeze every drop of the best places in Himachal.
Spending time in the lap of the Himalayas, passing through the lush green valleys, rejuvenating music of river water, and vibrant culture is enough to touch deep down in your heart.
The captivating aura of famous places in Himachal attracts travellers throughout the year. The destination comes on the top when we look for blissful climate conditions around the year.
If you are also planning a holiday to a hill station, here is the list of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
Manali- Let Your Heart Thrilled by Snowfall
Nestled in the beautiful valley of Kullu, Manali is one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
Home to several adventure spots, religious places, breathtaking valleys, tranquil nature, Manali offers the perfect break from your routine.
For honeymooners, Manali is the gift of God that lets their hearts sing. With a lot of experience, Manali divides into old Manali and new Manali. Old Manali reflects the origin of its culture and how people lived here for several years.
Whether you love to travel with family or friends, Manali always surprises you with its captivating beauty. As a budget-friendly destination, it offers stay options that suit your pocket.
If you are planning a vacation to Manali, here are the best things to do there:
Things to Do
● Explore the beauty of magnificent Dhauladhar ranges submerged in snow.
● Embrace spirituality by visiting Hadimba Temple
● Get euphoric by the unbeatable Solang Valley and Rohtang Pass.
● Know your strength by lifetime trekking experience
● Fulfil the desire of your adventurous soul through rafting in the river Beas.
● Paragliding, Skiing, Horse Riding, Zorbing
● Get Shopaholic and explore the vibrant market
Best Time to Visit Manali-: December to March is the favorable time to encounter snowfall in Manali.
Kufri- Get Ready for A Hike
A beautiful hill station situated near the summer capital of India( Shimla), Kufri is famous for its unforgettable trekking experiences. If you are a true adventure seeker and your soul never find it enough, then Kufri is one of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
We believe that age is just a number when you have the heart of a traveller.
Even if you are old, you should take once in a lifetime trekking experiences in Kufri.
Not only trekking trails, but Kufri also offer many things to explore here:
Things to Do in Kufri
● Visit Kufri fun world
● Explore wildlife in the Himalayan nature park
● Skiing for an adrenaline rush
● Horse riding to Mahasu peak
● Yak riding
● Take a tobogganing experience for the first time in Kufri.
Best Time to Visit Kufri-: November to March is the best time to enjoy snow activities in Kufri.
Shimla - A Vacation in The Summer Capital of India
Showcasing a glimpse of the British era in its colonial structures, Shimla is the summer capital of India.
Renowned for its majestic panorama, snow-covered mountains, pleasant climate, glorified mall road, lively restaurants and cafes, Shimla is one of the best tourist places in Himachal.
Whether you need a destination for a group tour, family holiday, or a honeymoon, Shimla is a perfect choice.
Nestled at the height of over 2000m, Shimla has beautifully retained its ancient magic.
Walking and shopping at the mall road and exploring restaurants and cafes is an unforgettable experience.
It houses the UNESCO world heritage: a rail route that connects Kalka to Shimla. Shimla remains flooded with tourists when it experiences snowfalls.
Things to Do in Shimla
● Revive spirituality by visiting Jakhu temple and Tara Devi temple
● Bring your childhood back by toy train ride between Kalka to Shimla
● Explore wax, heritage and state museums in Shimla.
● Camping, hiking, and trekking in the Himalayas
● Visit Shimla ridge
● Wildlife tour
● Walk on the Mall road
● Rejuvenate by Chadwick waterfalls
● Shopping at the Lakkar bazaar
Best Time to Visit in Shimla-: December to February is the best time to see the charm of Shimla.
Parwanoo – Mesmerized by Aura of Nature
Are you staying in Delhi and looking for nearby places to visit in Himachal Pradesh? You are all set for Parwanoo, a mesmerizing hill station. Surrounded by hypnotizing ambience reflecting a greenish hue, it is a dream destination that every person can afford to visit.
Nestled on the Haryana border, Parwanoo attracts the attention of thousands of visitors every year. Home to beautiful fruit plantations, trolley car rides, timber trails, it is an adventure spot that falls near other famous places to visit in Himachal. Shimla and Kasauli are two of them.
Things to Do In Parwanoo
● Fulfil your dream to fly by cable car ride in Parwanoo
● Visit Kali Mata Temple for blessings
● Lose yourself in the beauty of various fruit orchards
● Get astonished by a visit to the cactus garden
● Take shopping experience in hills
● Hear the tales behind historical sites by visiting Gurkha fort.
● Get moved by the aroma of cuisines here.
● Pay a visit to Mughal Gardens, Gurudwara nada sahib.
Best Time to Visit in Parwanoo-: March to October is the best time to enjoy pleasant weather in Parwanoo. If you are a snow-lover, then visit between December and February.
Dalhousie- A Panoramic Hill Station
A hidden gem situated in the Chamba district, Dalhousie is a perfect blend of natural beauty and a captivating climate.
One of the best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh, Dalhousie falls west of the famous Dhauladhar range of mountains.
Dalhousie is renowned for its remarkably designed colonial structures designed in the 19th century. Passing through these lanes is itself an unbeatable experience.
Stretching across five hills, this hill station is bliss for wildlife photographers. There is a wildlife park in Dalhousie that offers an opportunity to capture the real emotions of animals.
Filled with rare species of flowers, Dalhouse left you spellbound every time.
Things to Do in Dalhousie
● Nature tour at Khajjiar
● Shop at Gandhi Chowk Shopping Plaza
● Explore wildlife beauty at Kalatop Wildlife Reserve
● Revive adventures soul inside you by a trek to Dainkund Peak
● Relish the stunning view of nature standing on the Ganji Pahari
● Visit religious St. Francis Church
● Challenge your taste with delicious cuisine at the Panjpulla
● See the turquoise water of Chamera Lake
● Garam Sadak
● Subhash Baoli
● Magnificent views from Sach Pass
● Get moved by looking at pine, oak and deodar trees.
Best Time to Visit Dalhousie-: March to June is the best time to enjoy pleasant temperatures, but October to February is the time to enjoy snowfall.
Kasauli- A Hill Station Soaked in Grace
Renowned for its magnificent churches, breweries, clubs, and central research institute, Kasauli is located at a height of over 1,900 meters.
It perfectly resembles the origin of Himachal Pradesh through colonial structures, pine, oak, cedar trees, mesmerizing climate, beautiful landscape and pleasant climate.
The spectacular views and serene surroundings of Kasauli are inescapable. Every corner of Kasauli speaks of the charm of Himachal culture and history.
Things to Do in Kasauli
● Head on the Timber Trail
● Taste Tibetan cuisine and shop at Mall road
● Monkey point trek
● Toy train ride
● Embrace love for walking along the Gilbert trail
● Revitalize your energy at the hangout bar.
● Legendary Gurkha fort visit
● Revive your soul at Kasauli Breweryby watching the whiskey production process
● Look at your spiritual side by visiting church and Gurudwaras in Kasauli
● Get captivated by the reddish hue of Sunset
Best Time to Visit in Kasauli-: September to November is a pleasant time to explore the monsoon in Kasauli. December to February is the best time to get a delightful experience of snowfall.
McLeod Ganj- The Place of Gods(Little Lhasa)
Renowned as the little Lhasa, McLeod Ganj is one of the best places in Himachal Pradesh. With a large population of Tibetians, this place showcases a mix of vibrant lanes, Himalayan landscape, water bodies and delicious cuisines.
Being an affordable place to visit, Mcleodganj suits all age groups. Settled in the lap of nature hiding a collection of restaurants, cafes, and tourist attractions, this place gets a crowd of travellers across the year.
Things to Do in Mcleodganj
● Mind-boggling Dal Lake
● Mesmerizing views of nature
● Shop at the local market
● Fun activities like Camping, star gazing, cooking etc.
● Peaceful Kora Circuit
● Rejuvenating Spa therapies and revitalizing yoga sessions
● Get acquainted with ancient culture and Tibetan art
● Cafés And Restaurants – Relish Delicious Food
● Trek like Triund,Kareri River, Bhagsu, Indrahar pass, Kangra valley
● Visit monasteries like Namgyal and Nechung
● Pay a visit to Dhauladhar Range
Best Time to Visit Mcleodganj-: March to June and September to November is the best time to visit Mcleodganj.
Dharamshala – The Land of Dalai Lama
Nestled at an altitude of over 4000m, Dharamshala comes in the famous tourist places to visit in Himachal Pradesh.
Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and lush green valleys, Dharamshala is full of scenic beauty.
Aligned pine trees add more magnificence to the winter capital of Himachal Pradesh. The land of Dalai Lama, Dharamshala was a meditation centre for Buddhist monks for a long time under the leadership of Dalai lamas.
That makes it a place to explore Tibetan culture and learn the importance of peace in life.
Things to do in Dharamsala
● Adventurous activities like Paragliding and Camping
● Set on a trek like Kareri Lake, Kangra valley, Lahesh cave and Triund trek
● Explore traditions and culture
● Visit religious places like Galu temple and Jwalamukhi Devi temple
● Historical site tour like Kangra fort
● Calm your mind by meditating at Gyuto Monastery
● Colour transforming Dal lake
● Enjoy foamy Bhagsu waterfall
● The aroma of tea gardens
● Listen to the story of victory at the War memorial
● Visit Sherabling Monastery
Best Time to Visit Dharamsala-: February to July is the favourable time to explore Dharamsala.
Kinnaur – The Land of Apples
One of the best places to travel in Himachal, Kinnaur is famous as the place of Apples and God. A district in Himachal Pradesh, Kinnaur is situated at the Indo-Tibet border. It is a hidden treasure that remains in the mind of travellers.
Housing endless travel destinations, it becomes difficult to remove the hangover of the beauty of Kinnaur. Irrespective of age, Kinnaur touches the deepest corner of your heart.
It is known as the land of apples because this district is the largest producer of apples. Apart from this, it is known as the land of gods because it covers many spiritual places.
What would be more special is when you get a perfect blend of adventure, religion, culture, cuisines, nature in one place.
Things to Do in Kinnaur
● Heart Taking Natural Beauty
● Apple orchards tour
● Hiking and climbing to Kinnaur Kailash
● Nako lake
● Boras pass
● Kamru fort
● Nathpa dam
● Baspa valley
● Sangla valley
Best Time to Visit Kinnaur-: April to October is the right time to enjoy pleasant weather in Kinnaur.
Kangra -: The Land of Spirituality
Kangra is a district in Himachal Pradesh with its headquarters based in Dharamshala. With its spectacular beauty, music of river Beas, bells at temples, and never-ending tea gardens, Kangra is the background of the Dhauladhar range.
According to many spiritual books, Kangra valley is a “Devbhumi”. Well connected with other best places to visit in Himachal Pradesh, Kangra valley satisfies the soul of the travellers.
Mahabharat also reflects the religious essence of Kangra valley.
Things to Do in Kangra
● Travel Kangra Fort
● Visit Shaktipeeth Shri Bajreshwari Devi
● Explore Museums like Raja Sansar Chandra Museum, Kangra fort museum and Cafe
● Religious site tours like Gupt Ganga temple, Ambica Devi temple, and Jain mandir, Jwala Devi temple
● Visit Achar Kund
● Get refreshed with the Baan Ganga river
Best Time to Visit Kangra-: December to February is the best time to explore the scenic beauty of Kangra.
The list of best places to visit in Himachal is never-ending. The above destinations are just a bit of Himalayan beauty that falls within everyone’s budget. So, if you are looking for a break from your busy routine, nothing can beat the best tourist places in Himachal.
So when are you planning a holiday to this wonderland?